- All applicants MUST be a resident of one of the 10 Barren River Area Development District (BRADD) counties as follows: Allen, Barren, Butler, Edmonson, Hart, Logan, Metcalf, Monroe, Simpson & Warren.1. All applicants MUST be a resident of one of the 10 Barren River Area Development District (BRADD) counties as follows: Allen, Barren, Butler, Edmonson, Hart, Logan, Metcalf, Monroe, Simpson & Warren.
- There will be four age categories Tots & Tweens (12 and under), Talented Teens (18 and under), Seasoned Talent (55 and under) & The Masters (56 plus). Four Winners will be chosen. They will receive a plaque and cash prize (to be determined). From the Four Winners of the categories, The SOKY will be awarded a cash Grand Prize (to be determined). A People’s Choice Audience Favorite Award will also be given.
- All acts compete in one of four divisions, based on the age of the contestant(s) at the time of their performance. In cases where the act consists of people from different divisions, the act will compete in the older Division. Performers ages 12 and under who use an adult accompanist may compete in the Tots & Tweens provided accompanist does not assume visual importance. Improper age category may result in disqualification. Vocalists may use recorded accompaniment tracts with vocal background, but there shall be no lead vocal on the tract. For recorded accompaniment, a CD with only one tract is recommended. Acts should bring a second CD as backup.
- Individual or group entries will be accepted in the following categories: vocal, dance, instrumental, acting, dramatic or comedy act, illusionist, ventriloquist, juggling, magicians; acrobatics (cheer and gymnastics); you have talent we want to see it! Lip sync is not allowed.
- There is a $10-dollar entry fee due June 30, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. C.S.T., which is non-refundable and is due when application is filed either on line, via US mail or delivered to The SKyPAC. Entries received from July 1, 2018 through July 15, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. C.S.T. will have a $25.00 fee, which is also non-refundable. Mailing address is SKyPAC-P.O. Box 748 – Bowling Green, Kentucky 42102-0748 and physical address is 601 College Street, Bowling Green, Kentucky 42101. No applications will be accepted after July 15, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. C.S.T.
- Your audition submission, or “in person” audition, is the first round. All contestants must perform the same act during tryouts (first round), semi-finals and finals. This includes number of people in the act. Exceptions regarding people in act may be made (due to illness and/or other unforeseen matters). Requests for exceptions must be made to the Talent Show Committee, prior to semi-finals.
- Acts must be appropriate for family audience. No profanity or lewdness. Acts may not use fire, pyrotechnics, liquids, confetti, guns, sharp instruments such as knives or machetes, or any other substance or object that may prove hazardous or inappropriate, including animals for which a permit may be required by the Kentucky Fish and Wildlife. SKyPAC reserves the right to reject any and all applications.
8. The performance must not exceed 4 minutes, with no more than 4 minutes allowed for set-up. Contestants exceeding the time limit will be disqualified.
- The performance must not exceed 4 minutes, with no more than 4 minutes allowed for set-up. Contestants exceeding the time limit will be disqualified.
Contestants are eligible to audition by 2 means. 1) a video submission on-line which is due August 4, 2018 or 2) attend the live auditions on August 4, 2018 in the Blackbox Theatre at SKyPAC, 601 College Street, Bowling Green, Kentucky. Live auditions will be videotaped at that time.
If contestant submits via on-line, the submission must be no longer than 4 minutes . All video submissions must be hosted on one of the following 3rd party websites, www.youtube.com, www.vimeo.com, or www.facebook.com. A link to the video submission must be either submitted with your online submission form entry or emailed to [email protected] before 9 PM on Saturday, August 4th.
- If contestant chooses to audition live, the auditions will be on Saturday August 4, 2018 from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. at SKyPAC-601 College Street, Bowling Green, Kentucky 42101. Live auditions will be videotaped. Contestant will be notified between July 15, 2018 and July 22, 2018 with a time slot for their audition via email. The audition times for contestants will also be posted on SOKY’S Got Talent website, www.sokysgottalent.com.
- If contestant has conflict with live audition time slot, contestant must contact SOKY’S Got Talent and request a time slot change by calling 270-904-5010 or email [email protected].
- All submissions both (on-line and in person) will be evaluated per video. Those selected for the semi-finals will be contacted on or before August 11, 2018 by email and posted on www.SOKYSGOTTALENT.com website.
- SOKY SEMI-FINALS: The Semi-final rounds will be divided into 2 nights. All contestants under 18 must be accompanied by parent or legal guardian. All contestants will be asked to present their identification verifying their date of birth.
- SOKY SEMI FINALS: Night 1 will showcase the youngest group, Tots & Tweens (12 and under) and The Masters (56 plus.) The event will be staged at the Capitol Arts Center Theatre, located at 416 East Main Street, Bowling Green, Kentucky 42101 on Friday August 17, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. Doors open to the public for the SOKY SEMI-FINALS SHOW at 6:15 p.m. and showtime at 7:00 p.m. Tickets will go on sale at the Capitol Theater ticket office at 5:30 p.m. There will be no complimentary tickets.
- SOKY SEMI-FINALS: Night 2 will showcase Talented Teens (13-18) and Seasoned Talent (19-55). The event will be staged on Saturday August 18, 2018 at the Capitol Arts Center Theater located at 416 East Main Street at 7:00 p.m. Doors open to the public for the SOKY SEMI-FINALS SHOW at 6:15 p.m. and showtime at 7:00 p.m. Tickets will go on sale at the Capitol Theater ticket office at 5:30 p.m. There will be no complimentary tickets.
- The GRAND FINALE will take place at The SKyPAC on Sunday, at 3:00 p.m. – 601 College Street, Bowling Green, Kentucky 42101. The GRAND FINALS: The finalists in all four divisions will compete Sunday, August 20, 2018 at 3:00 p.m. on the Main Stage, for first place cash prizes in each division. After the four division awards, the first SOKY statue will be awarded to the Winner of all 4 divisions with an added cash prize. All tickets for the Grand Finale must be purchased at the SKyPAC Ticket Office. The Ticket office opens at 12:30 p.m. There will be no complimentary tickets.
Should an act fail to perform in a round, that act forfeits the right to advance to the Grand Finale. Substitutions will not be allowed. The vacated slot will be assigned to the first available talent on the alternate list as established by the Talent Show Committee.
SOKY’S GOT TALENT Committee shall have sole authority in selecting acts, scheduling of those selected and control over stage sets, sound, lights, power and overall (master) volume.
All contestant equipment is the sole responsibility of the contestant. SKyPAC, nor any of its employees, Board members, Talent Show committee members or community volunteers assumes liability for said equipment.
For the SEMI-FINALS and GRAND FINALE – The house sound system will be provided by the venue and will be scaled to the reasonable requirements of the contestants.
SKyPAC, employees, Board Members, Talent Show Committee members and community volunteers assumes no responsibility for any expense, meals, transportation or rooms of any contestant.
For the SEMI-FINALS and GRAND FINALE, dressing rooms will be available. SKyPAC, employees, Board Members, Talent Show Committee members and community volunteers will not be responsible for lost or stolen articles or valuables.
SOKY’S GOT TALENT may be videotaped.
All judges’ decisions are final, and scores will not be released to contestants or the public.
All participants must sign a Participant Release and Waiver Form.